36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
When asked, Jesus said the greatest commandment is to the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. He also said the second greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself?
In simplest terms love conquers all!
When you love there is no room for; hate, envy, jealousy, anger, covetousness, bitterness, fear, lies, cheating, malice, murder, contentions, strife, etc. All these are the root of immorality.
In John chapter 14: 15 Jesus also stated “if you love me keep my commandments.”
Life is full of challenges and we sometimes find it difficult to love and trust God, much more to love others. You have probably asked yourself before "how do I love my neighbor as myself?"
Here are some simple suggestion for loving your neighbor as yourself.
1. Show respect to others and their personal possessions.
2. Don’t destroy someone’s property to feel good about yourself.
3. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
4. Don’t expect others to do for you what you won’t do for yourself.
5. Always see the best in others.
6. Never judge someone base on their social or economic background. (Remember they were created by God with a purpose.)
7. Value others and their opinion. (Just because someone’s opinion is different from yours doesn’t mean you can’t love that person.)
8. Show love even when you don’t feel like it. (Love others because they are God’s creation, not because of what they say or do.
Be Blessed and encouraged knowing with God all things are possible!
Natalee Henry- Minister, Motivational Speaker, Publisher, Author, Founder and C.E.O. of Season Destiny, a ministry designed to "empower you to make right decisions in life." Her goal is to “empower you to make the right decisions in life” through the teaching of the Word of God. Her mission is to Educate, Motivate, and Transform lives for the Kingdom of God.